Monday, October 25, 2010

To Blog or Not To Blog

I've been really skeptical in keeping a blog regularly. First of all, my schedule at work is really tight. I rarely have time to go out and socialize. Another thing is that I'm having second thoughts as to who will be reading my blog. I have friends who love to read blogs but I don't think mine will be as readable as the others'.

But I think this will be really therapeutic for me. Lately, I have been having mood swings that affect the way I perform at work and it also affect my relationships. At home, I'm always in a bad mood that my kids are really keeping out of my way. I also started on a new relationship (read: new boyfriend) but it seems that it was a short-lived one. We started only less than a month ago and now we already broke up. (Good thing though since he's the typical male polygamous pig. No bitterness there, he told me so when I broke up with him!)

I love to write. I started writing as early as my pre-teen years. I know I always turn in the nearly perfect "sulating pormal" in Filipino class. But I write better in English. In high school, I turn in great essays for examinations and continued on during my college years. I started writing for the school paper in Sta. Isabel College. But I really made my mark during my years in Manila Bulletin wherein I have a bi-monthly column on teens (Teen Talk), articles for Philippine Panorama and special supplements and interviews I did for special assignments. I also dabbled in writing elementary school textbooks in Music and in Social Studies.

To think, with that experience, it will be easy for me to maintain a blog but it's not. I always compare my work to better and more experienced bloggers. But as my friend Anna told me, each of us have a unique way of writing. Maybe I should just write and let my creative juices flow and see where it will take me.

I hope this will be a good start.

So, it will be: to blog!

No comments: